HT202 3-day Hintok River Kwai Tented Camp & Nature Discovery
Embark on a 3-day adventure to the Kanchanaburi region of Thailand Stay at Hintok River Camp @ Hellfire Pass, visit a local Mon Tribal village and enjoy a scenic long-tail boat ride with a local guide to Sai Yok Yai waterfall and Lawa cave. Join this 3-day tour of Bangkok to Kanchanaburi with convenient transfers from Bangkok. Get to know the town by exploring some of its best sights and most historic landmarks including the Thailand-Burma Railway Center, War Cemetery of WWII Allied Prisoners, Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum, Mon Temple, Death Railway and the well-known Bridge over the River Kwai.
- 3-day Hintok River Kwai Tented Camp & Nature Discovery
- Thailand – Burma Railway Centre
- War Cemetery
- Bridge over the River Kwai
- Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre & Memorial Walking Trail
- Death Railway Train
- Mon Tribal Village & Temple
- Buddha Image Cave
- Jungle walk to Kwai Noi view point
- Sai Yok Yai waterfall & National Park
- Lawa cave
- Thai cooking class
- Joined tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Basic accommodation in sharing twin/double tented camp during the tour.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All meals as indicated in the program (food only), starting from lunch on day 1 until lunch on day 2
- All long-tailed boat transfers as described in the day-to-day description
- Admission Fee to all places indicated in the program
- Train ticket over the Death Railway
- Other services that are not outlined in the program
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities and optional tour unless otherwise stated
- Supplements for transfer for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Cost from and to general meeting point
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature or other cost not mentioned in the program
- This tour is operated on join / seat-in-coach basis with an English-speaking guide only
- Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car / mini-van / coach cannot be confirmed upon reservation. This also depends on the availability of accommodation.
- Transfers are only operated within Sukhumvit (Soi 1 - 33), Silom, Pratunam areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- The accommodation used during this tour is simple accommodation with basic amenities. This includes air-conditioning, Wi-Fi and warm water. Not wheelchair accessible.
- Any rejection of meals or tour program is non-refundable
- Deviations of the tour programs or time given may sometimes necessary depending on traffic condition or uncontrollable circumstances. The journey back to Bangkok may be later than 6 pm. Please make sure you leave ample of time when planning other trips / flights / trains after the tour
Package rate :
- Adult 12,600 THB per person
- Child under 12 years old 9,450 THB
- Single Supplement 3,000 THB
DAY 1 BANGKOK- KANCHANABURI - HINTOK RIVER CAMP @ HELLFIRE PASS 06.00-06.30 Pick up from centrally located Bangkok hotels before depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok) Morning Arrive at Kanchanaburi Visit Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned centre offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit Kanchanaburi War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place. Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs. Noon Lunch upon at local restaurant. Afternoon Visit the Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre. The interpretive centre presents the history of the Burma-Thailand railway under chronological and thematic headings, explaining the rationale for the railway, the way in which it was constructed and the hardship experienced by those who worked on it. Then you can descend the long set of stairs behind the museum to Hellfire Pass Memorial Walking Trail following the original rail bed. Then proceed to Hintok River Camp @ Hellfire Pass. Evening BBQ Dinner and overnight at Hintok River Camp @ Hellfire Pass.
DAY 2 SAI YOK YAI WATERFALL - LAWA CAVE - MON VILLAGE - THAI COOKING CLASS Morning After breakfast, take a long-tailed boat upstream to visit Sai Yok Yai Waterfall & National Park. Noon Lunch at River Kwai Jungle Rafts before heading to visit Mon tribal village, where the Mon people have lived for generations. Visit the Golden Rock, Buddha image cave and village school. Take a short walk on easy jungle trail along the River bank to get to the stunning viewpoint of River Kwai Afternoon Visit Lawa Cave, explore many spacious chambers with stalactites and stalagmites. Then, return to Hintok River Camp @ Hellfire Pass by long-tailed boat. Enjoy making popular and delicious Thai dishes at Hintok cooking class Evening BBQ Dinner and overnight at Hintok River Camp @ Hellfire Pass.
DAY 3 HINTOK RIVER CAMP @ HELLFIRE PASS - BANGKOK Morning After breakfast, get up close with the local by biking to visit a village and farm nearby the camp. 11.00 Check-out and transfer to have lunch at local restaurant 13.00 Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs 14.30 Journey back to Bangkok 18.00 Arrive at Bangkok and transfer to hotels.