WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT OUR ROOM
“Camping in comfort in a relaxed location”
Breakfast is lovely, a simple array and fresh mainly western with Thai rice soup and garnish to catch a local breakfast.
Ride your bike outside the resort, turn left and see the local craftsmen making woven baskets.
The resorts has cats and llama’s who are as friendly as the staff. The nightly BBQ is a big array of foods, something for all ages and tastes. Massage can be done in the tents, and you need to book early as they staff are in high demand.
The camp is quiet and the perfect place to switch off from a busy life. You can explore the famous sites around the area in a day, so be sure to plan some time to relax in camp too.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A most beautiful stay on the river”
The camp itself is so beautiful. Overlooking the river and the mountains that point the way to Burma, you can’t get a better setting for relaxing. Dinner is outside in the center grassy area of the camp, around a fire, and with music playing. I know others have complained about the noise, but we were so exhausted from all our outdoor adventures, we didn’t notice if the party was still going at 9:30 when we passed out! Dinner was fabulous. Local Thai cuisine, and really quite delicious.
Unfortunately we had a tent with two twin beds, instead of one king bed, but that was OK. The beds were firm, but comfortable. The pillows were really hard, though. The tents are very minimal – don’t expect anything too fancy, but for someone who refuses to camp, this ticked all my must-haves:
1. A full bathroom. It’s private, but outdoors. How lovely to shower while the birds are singing!
2. A proper bed. Again, a firm mattress, but that felt great after all the hiking we did.
3. A little front porch with comfy chairs to sit in and read.
4. A little flashlight attached to your key so you can find your tent in the dark.
5. A pool! Yes, a pool! It is a natural spring-fed pool, with water coming right out of the mountain. It was only cold for the first minute I was in, and then it was so delightful, I stayed in for a half hour! Lots of kids in there having fun, too, but not so many it made me want to leave.
6. Proper dining facilities. Yes, we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner (all delicious, although breakfast was the least spectacular of the three) on real plates and silverware, not like old family camping with paper plates and such!
7. Air conditioning – yes my tent was air conditioned, which was so much more than delightful given that it was about 100 degrees fahrenheit during the day.
And, plusses I didn’t expect:
1. A few swings on which you could lie and have a nap;
2. Two sheep that just wander around and eat the grass – one kept putting his head on my husband’s leg for a pat, just like our dog at home does!
3. Super friendly people. Staff and other visitors alike.
All in all, this was a fabulous place to have a lovely holiday. I highly recommend it.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2012